Note: This episode was recorded in December and graciously edited by DJM due to us taking so long to get it out. We are releasing this ahead of the previously recorded episode to get it out in time for the Super Bowl. -jveezy
Player Safety Concerns
- Video: Blood and Sport (13 minutes)
- NY Times Opinion Piece by Bennet Omalu, chief medical examiner of San Joaquin County, Calif., and associate clinical professor of pathology at the University of California, Davis
- Who’s at fault for letting the Rams quarterback keep on playing despite an obvious head injury?
- NFL’s concussion priorities: Dodging blame, making players responsible
What the hell is a catch?
- Complete history of the NFL’s dumb catch rule confusing people
- Silly explanation by Jon Bois
- NFL to take closer look at catch rule amid controversies
- Counter-argument that the current catch rule is actually pretty good
- Matt Millen apologizes to Lions fans
- Matt Millen was a worse drafter than random chance
- “The Raiders drafted JaMarcus Russell over Calvin Johnson, but the Lions have only 3 more wins since then.”
- Lions lose on improbable hail mary
- How improbable?
- The hail mary almost hit the ceiling
- The Kick Six
- Bart Scott hid in the bathroom to avoid signing with the Cleveland Browns
- Factory of Sadness Update
- Original Factory of Sadness Video
At this point we had all rambled on for so long that Kaz had to cut the episode short.